Tuesday, February 2, 2010

IN LOVING MEMORY OF A BROTHER

At the age of 56 my beloved brother John lost a long courageous battle with cancer. As I once told him, he was a true inspiration to all cancer patients plus those going through any type of tough trial. John was one to radiate love and encouragement. He often said, "you do what you have to do" with no sign of self pity.

When it seemed that the end was approaching, friends asked how they should pray for John. I told them to ask God for it to be His will that John not become bedfast. He was always so active that I was concerned about how miserable he would become if completely immobile. I can only imagine how tough the battle with cancer was and I did not want John lingering in a state where one loses their dignity. Praise the Lord that prayers were answered.

John will be missed and I regret that I did not know him much longer. But I feel blessed for the time that I had with him. In 2004 he and I really enjoyed going up into the Santa Ana Mountains in CA. He pointed out property to me that he had admired for a while. We talked about how neat it would be to own it and the gorgeous view there would be from any window. We enjoyed other quality time together that I will always cherish.

Thank you, John! I'm sure thinking of your courage and inspiration will always help me through difficult times.

Both John and Joann (refer to my 6/9/09 blog) have passed away. Our time together was short but precious!

No comments: